Deacon W. Pittman
Deacon Pittman is the President of his own company, CSLT Business Solutions, Inc. (C.S.L.T. is Common Sense and Logical Thinking – the naming of which is a good story to be told over a cocktail) and provides sales and business development services to Health Care Strategies, Inc.
After graduating from Georgia Southern University with a B.A. in Business Administration, Deacon found the parental funding sponge dry, and accepted a six-month internship position with Health Care Strategies. Deacon was stationed a mere 15 feet from Julian, and challenged to either find a real job or discover a good partnership. The latter scenario won, and he quickly earned a full-time sales position with Health Care Strategies, eventually became the company’s Vice President.
Deacon is an avid hunter, Certified First Responder, and a weekend River Rafting Guide for the Upper and Middle Class III and IV rapids of the Ocoee River. He married his high school sweetheart, Elizabeth, and they have a three-year old black lab, “Hoss.”
He is now living more than 100 miles from Julian, residing on a mountaintop north of Chattanooga, Tennessee. In spite of that distance, both Deacon and Julian agree that they are now closer than ever.
What three musical artists would you take with you to the proverbial island?
Bonepony, Old Crow Medicine Show, The Amazing Rhythm Aces.
When you are not working, how do you spend your time?
Whitewater rafting, hunting, golf, snowboarding, all-round BBQ-ing.
Who is/was your favorite pet? Why?
Hoss... watching the knuckle head retrieve items out of our pool.
If you have/wish you had a boat, what kind would you have, and what would you name it?
Aire C Series (the ones we raft with at High Country), usually name it the SS Riverpotamus.
Do you have any nicknames?
No aliases on record although some refer to me as "The Demon" or "Deek".
When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
Now what do you want to be when you grow up?
Any words of wisdom to share?
- It is better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.
- If nobody is underwater, it is still OK.
- There is a big difference between waking up and coming to.
- There's a race of men that don't fit in, a race that can't stay still - So they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will - They rove the field, ride the flood, and climb the mountains crest - Theirs is the curse of the gypsy blood, and they'll never know how to rest. - Robert Service
Any words of wisdom to share?
- All forward. - High Country Adventures Raft Guide
- When you earnestly believe that you can compensate for a lack of natural talent by doubling your efforts, there is no end to what you can't accomplish. - De-Motivational Poster
- Prepare for the worst while things are at their best. - Tsung Tzu
- There are only two travesties in the world; a man who believes he would be happy if he had everything he wanted, and a man who has everything he wants. - Aristotle
- If you are really paying attention, there are no ordinary moments. - Socrates
- At the end of the day you ultimately have to answer to yourself. - Unknown
- Strive to be like that which you would have people believe that you are. - Ben Franklin
- Don't throw rocks at a hornet's nest. - High Country Adventures Raft Guides
- It is always better to have a "heart to heart" before a "come to Jesus" meeting.
- I need a good drunk in a bad way.
- Do you know what the word Nemesis means? A righteous infliction manifested by an appropriate agent... in this case... me. - Snatch
- It is better to give someone a bit of your heart rather than a piece of your mind. - Julie Holly, Director, CHRISTUS
- A man's reach should always extend his grasp. - Voltaire
- To stay ahead, you have to run like you're behind. - ARTRAC t-shirt
- Say when, Johnny Ringo... say when... - Tombstone.